Pages

2008-10-22

Padampa's Animal Kingdom

"I have been interested in Padampa and the Peacemaking Collection* for about 25 years. When I first saw those five volumes on the library shelves I wanted more than anything to read and understand what was written in them. But my attempts failed rather miserably. Meanwhile I did quite a bit of reading of 11th-12th century Tibetan texts, familiarizing myself with early Tibetan vocabulary (the myth of Classical Tibetan's unchanging nature being little more than what I just called it, a myth). Over the years, each time I went back to the Peacemaking Collection it made more sense to me. This gradual process of finding more sense in it still continues today."

http://tibeto-logic.blogspot.com/2008/10/padampas-animal-kingdom-part-one.html

No comments: